Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Quarterly Check-in!

Let's see... November 8th, December 8th, January 8th, February 8th, March 8th... I don't remember everything so I can't very well write about it.  Maybe next winter I'll get a S.A.D. light, drink coffee all day long and hang a to-do list around my neck.  THEN I'll get things done and be able to write about it all!

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to my family and friends.  Happy Thanksgiving through Saint Patrick's Day, too.  This year, all the people I graduated from high school with are turning 40!  Balding, wrinkling, expanding, sagging and graying used to seem so impossible... Now they're just immaterial - nothing really matters but family, kids, and friends.  I'm really proud of my friends and what they've accomplished so far.  Some are grandparents, executives, incredible parents, teachers, entrepreneurs, counselors, board members, students, volunteers, artists... I may not get to see many of them but I'm happy for them all.  Happy for Facebook connecting the dots after 20 years.

The family unit and I are getting back into gear after a cold windy winter/ serious TV & internet addiction/ spring break camping trip.  We did stay busy all winter with the usual extracurricular stuff, but I've been in a deep rut for a long time and it's time to climb out.  With Spring Break comes daylight savings time and warmer weather, and it's almost like a flipped switch... with so much sunlight I can finally see how disgusting the car's floor is and how much clutter has piled up in the house.  The To-Do Necklace might just happen next week, after I'm done being Cookie Mom.

No comments: